We are a service organization enabling the success of UIC’s teaching, research, and healthcare mission. We provide public safety to the campus community. We build and maintain sustainable facilities, deliver utilities, and provide other products and services in support of students, faculty, and staff.
Our guiding principles define how we act as individuals and function in service-oriented teams.
- are safe; always, in all ways
- take ownership; are action-oriented and accountable
- foster collaborative relationships and transparency
- treat everyone with respect
- sustain technical competence
Our operating philosophy is to…
- Employ a diverse, competent and empowered workforce
- Promote a culture of safety
- Use best practices and techniques
- Make every dollar count
- Drive energy and environmental stewardship
- Incorporate healthy communication and transparency in business operations